- Animal ID#: A721931
- Dog Name: Bear
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 6 years
- Dog Size: XL
- A Little About Me: I am a gentle giant. I can be very soft with my people and if I think I am in trouble or did something wrong I will pancake to the ground. I am affectionate and really enjoy snuggling next to my people. I am playful and have a silly side but really need to lose a few pounds so that when I do get my run and play on I don’t do any damage to my legs. I am a really awesome lovely boy who always has a smile on my face and a wiggle butt. I enjoy playing with my canine pals and dipping my legs in the kiddie pool. I can not go to a home with small dogs, I am not a fan at all. Kennel life is no fun and I am ready to get back to family living, can you make that happen for me?!
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Gentle and light play dogs, No small dogs
- Walk Rating: Walks well, needs reminders to check in with handler
- Snuggle Rating: Is ok sitting by your side rather than your lap
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I love meeting new people and get excited but calm quickly
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Middle of the road, play and snuggle both work, goes with the flow
Take a look at bear with a few of his playgroup buddies in action:
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at email@example.com. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal