- Animal ID#: A729926
- Dog Name: Cooper
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 5 years
- Dog Size: M
- A Little About Me: PLEASE read my story! I was a well-loved and cherished family pet. I slept with my kids every night, I had a family that adored me and took great care of me, but unfortunately due to housing my family had to surrender me. Everyone was crushed and I am doing my best to keep my head up but more than anything I am so sad without my family. Lift me up and adopt me today, I want to smile again and know that all will be ok!
- In-home Information: House broken, I have lived with young children, I have lived with older children
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Gentle and light play female dogs
- Walk Rating: Walks well, needs reminders to check in with handler
- Snuggle Rating: Lives for snuggling
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I enjoy meeting new people and do so in a calm manner
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Soft, marshmallow, human motivated, people are my favorite
Watch Cooper hanging out with some friends!
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal