- Animal ID#: 729024
- Dog Name: Sammie
- Dog Sex: Female
- Approximate Age: 5 years
- Dog Size: S
- A Little About Me: I am one cute nugget, no doubt about it! I may get lots of attention but I am a special adoption so please don’t apply without reading my entire bio. I have double hip dysplasia which will require attention throughout my life. I am also one fearful girl when meeting new humans, especially men so I am not one of those dogs who enjoys going to busy public places. I do best when I am with other dogs, and I love large dogs, they are my favorite!
- In-home Information: Crate trained, I have successfully lived with other dogs, I have lived with older children
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Playful dogs
- Walk Rating: Working on loose leash walking and check-in reminders
- Snuggle Rating: Lives for snuggling
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I can be shy and timid when meeting new people, prefer to take things slow
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: I am a total blast with other dogs, and when I am with people I know and when comfortable I become a little spitfire.
- I am a very special dog who would like you to keep in mind: (email our counseling team for more info, and behavioral support): I would like to take new situations slow, no children under 10
Check out playgroups ROCKSTAR Sammy romping around with some pals!
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
Did you know PBSOC offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at email@example.com? To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us. Also, be sure to like us on Facebook!
Not ready to adopt?
That’s ok! But won’t you please help us by sharing this page with your friends, family and followers? Just click on one of the icons below. Let’s find this dog a family!
#pbsoc #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal