- Animal ID#: 729466
- Dog Name: Emmie
- Dog Sex: Spayed Female
- Approximate Age: 3 years
- Dog Size: M
- A Little About Me: I am a total a doll with a short squatty body and goofy spirit! I came into the shelter pregnant, with a litter of pups and was a great mama! Now I am ready for a home of my own! I have not been well socialized and everything in life is new for me so I am looking for someone who is going to be proactive to make sure I am set up for success.
- In-home Information: House broken, crate trained
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Has been around other dogs but hasn’t shown any interest in playing with them.
- Walk Rating: Working on loose leash walking and check-in reminders. I do best with short walks, I wasn’t built for endurance or hiking
- Snuggle Rating: Lives for snuggling
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level: Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I can be cautious and hesitant when meeting new people, prefer to take things slow
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Middle of the road, light play and snuggle both work, and when I am with people I know and when comfortable I become a total goof and go with the flow.
- I am a great dog who would like you to keep in mind: No kids! No cats! Would do best in low stimulus environments as when I get over-amped I can get mouthy. Need confidence building and to take new situations slow.
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
Did you know PBSOC offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at email@example.com? To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us. Also, be sure to like us on Facebook!
Not ready to adopt?
That’s ok! But won’t you please help us by sharing this page with your friends, family and followers? Just click on one of the icons below. Let’s find this dog a family!
#pbsoc #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal