- Animal ID#: A742603
- Dog Name: Hank
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 9 years
- Dog Size: L
- A Little About Me: It doesn’t get much sweeter than me! Those big brown eyes will get ya every time! I am totally awesome and one smart cookie. I think humans are super amazing and I love to sit by my people’s side, especially the little humans in my foster home and I appreciate all their love and affection. I don’t need much, I enjoy water, snuggling, walks and food! Sunbathing during the day is definitely my favorite past time. I am easy-going and ready to be your family companion!
- In-home Information: House broken, I have successfully lived with children
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Gentle and dainty female dogs
- Walk Rating: Walks well, needs reminders to check in with handler
- Snuggle Rating: Is ok sitting by your side rather than your lap
- Type of Learner: Short learning sessions work best
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I enjoy meeting new people and do so in a calm manner
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me, Down. Learning: Shake, Touch
- Personality: Middle of the road, play and snuggle both work, goes with the flow
Hank is such a smart boy!
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
Did you know SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at email@example.com? To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us. Also, be sure to like us on Facebook!
Not ready to adopt?
That’s ok! But won’t you please help us by sharing this page with your friends, family and followers? Just click on one of the icons below. Let’s find this dog a family!
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal