- Animal ID#: A747007
- Dog Name: Max
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 5 years
- Dog Size: M
- A Little About Me: I am a squishy face marshmallow who is as gentle as they come! No one knows why my head is covered in some pretty large scarring so I along with everyone else would like to focus on what we do know. I am gentle, I am soft, I am very shy, I will cower if I think I am in trouble, I get nervous with loud noises, I enjoy being pet, and I am working on building my confidence. I am looking for a special family who wants to help me come out of my shell and if that’s you please send an email today! It will only get better from here.
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Gentle and dainty dogs
- Walk Rating: Working on loose leash walking and check-in reminders
- Snuggle Rating: Would like to take things slow and let you know when I am ready
- Type of Learner: I want to please, but would like to go slow
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I can be shy and timid when meeting new people, prefer to take things slow
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Working on confidence building
- Personality: Working on finding my inner me
- I am a great dog who would like you to keep in mind: (email our counseling team for more info, and behavioral support) : I need confidence building, I would like to take new situations slow, Loud noises and sudden movements can be scary
Check out this handsome boy and friends!
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
Did you know PBSOC offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at email@example.com? To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us. Also, be sure to like us on Facebook!
Not ready to adopt?
That’s ok! But won’t you please help us by sharing this page with your friends, family and followers? Just click on one of the icons below. Let’s find this dog a family!
#pbsoc #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal