- Animal ID#: A740254
- Dog Name: Ginger
- Dog Sex: Female
- Approximate Age: 2 years
- Dog Size: M
- A Little About Me: I have quite a story that does not start out well. I am very shy and timid when I first meet people and do not come out of my shell right away. I am specifically looking for a family that understands I will not show well in the shelter environment and with consistency and love I will thrive in a home environment. I would prefer to go to a home with other dogs as I really enjoy their company and they help me come out of my shell. I am also shy with other dogs at first but I come out much quicker with my canine pals. I am a special gal, with a special background looking for a special family that will treat me like the cherished family pet I deserve to be treated like. You can schedule an appointment to me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Give me a chance, I am well worth it!
- In-home Information: I have successfully lived with other dogs
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Playful dogs
- Walk Rating: Working on loose leash walking and check-in reminders
- Snuggle Rating: Would like to take things slow and let you know when I am ready
- Type of Learner: Short learning sessions work best
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I can be shy and timid when meeting new people, prefer to take things slow
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Life is fun with both people and canine pals
- I am a great dog who would like you to keep in mind: (email our counseling team for more info, and behavioral support): I need confidence building, I would like to take new situations slow, loud noises and sudden movements can be scary
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at email@example.com. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal