- Animal ID#: A747964
- Dog Name: Poppy
- Dog Sex: Female
- Approximate Age: 2 years
- Dog Size: L
- A Little About Me: I am a total rockstar and have an amazing story of resilience and forgiveness. I was not treated well by my previous owner but the authorities are dealing with him. I am playful, silly, love canine friends and would do great in a home with another dog, I enjoy people, and I like to notify my people of all activities taking place. I am basically a big huge puppy, I don’t think I will ever grow up, growing up seems boring to me. I would love a home that is playful and fun and adventurous. I am in a foster home so email to see if you may be a good fit for me!
- In-home Information: House broken, I have successfully lived with other dogs
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Playful dogs
- Walk Rating: Working on loose leash walking and check-in reminders
- Snuggle Rating: Would love to snuggle after a play session and or walk
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Active, important to meet physical needs daily
- Manner Level: I love meeting new people and get excited but calm quickly
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Silly, hilarious, adventurous
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us. Also, be sure to like us on Facebook!
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal