- Animal ID#: A752962
- Dog Name: Pepper
- Dog Sex: Female
- Approximate Age: 1 year
- Dog Size: M
- A Little About Me: I am a gorgeous special girl who has the most amazing eye’s ever, they are memorizing. I am very soft, lack confidence and looking for a special family that will take the time to build me up. I like to take things slow, I am gentle and appreciate when people are just as gentle in return. I would like to go slow in new situations and when meeting new people as the world is a very scary place for me. I don’t require much, but consistency and a low-key environment would be best…if you think that is you please snatch me up today. I would love to be in a warm and loving home.
- In-home Information: Housebroken
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Gentle and dainty male dogs
- Walk Rating: Walks well, needs reminders to check in with handler
- Snuggle Rating: Would like to take things slow and let you know when I am ready
- Type of Learner: Short learning sessions work best
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I can be shy and timid when meeting new people, prefer to take things slow
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Working on building confidence
- I am a great dog who would like you to keep in mind: (email our counseling team for more info, and behavioral support): I need confidence building, I would like to take new situations slow, Loud noises and sudden movements can be scary
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at email@example.com. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us. Also, be sure to like us on Facebook!
Not ready to adopt?
That’s ok! But won’t you please help us by sharing this page with your friends, family and followers? Just click on one of the icons below. Let’s find this dog a family!
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal