- Animal ID#: A753038
- Dog Name: Ivan
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 3 years
- Dog Size: L
- A Little About Me: I was not a happy camper when I first landed in the shelter and did not want to be touched at all! Well that has now changed and although I don’t prefer invasive handling I really enjoy going for walks with my handler, and petting. I bond very quickly with my handler and once I get to know my person I have a silly side. I am not an in your face type of guy and prefer people to go slow with me, but once I get to know I am very sweet. I am ready to continue to grow in a home of my own. Want to give me a chance to show how amazing I can be then send an email so we can set up a meet and greet!
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Gentle and dainty female dogs
- Walk Rating: Working on loose leash walking and check-in reminders
- Snuggle Rating: Would like to take things slow and let you know when I am ready
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I can be shy and timid when meeting new people, prefer to take things slow
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: I am a fun and silly guy once I am comfortable
- I am a great dog who would like you to keep in mind: (email our counseling team for more info, and behavioral support): I would like to take new situations slow, No young children
Email an application to us at email@example.com to start the online adoption counseling process.
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us. Also, be sure to like us on Facebook!
Not ready to adopt?
That’s ok! But won’t you please help us by sharing this page with your friends, family and followers? Just click on one of the icons below. Let’s find this dog a family!
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal