- Animal ID#: A756067
- Dog Name: Lyrica
- Dog Sex: Female
- Approximate Age: 3 years
- Dog Size: L
- A Little About Me: I am a lovely lady in every way who is as gentle and soft as they come. I drop to the ground if I think I have upset my person so my people will have to help me build some confidence. I am very affectionate and love standing right by my people’s side, I will sneak a kiss or two in on your hand. I am very shy and timid at first but once I get to know you I really enjoy being right by your side, I need my new people to be able to see my potential as I take some time to show off all I have to offer. I am a special gal and I really am ready to get in a home where I will flourish, come see for yourself and know that I look forward to being your loyal family pet.
- In-home Information: I have successfully lived with other dogs
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Gentle and light play dogs
- Walk Rating: Walks well, needs reminders to check in with handler
- Snuggle Rating: Is ok sitting by your side rather than your lap
- Type of Learner: Short learning sessions work best
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I can be shy when meeting new people but warm up quickly
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Soft, marshmallow, human motivated, people are my favorite
- I am a great dog who would like you to keep in mind: (email our counseling team for more info, and behavioral support): I need confidence building
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at email@example.com. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal