- Animal ID#: A756832
- Dog Name: Chance
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 3 years
- Dog Size: M
- A Little About Me: I am one smart hunk who is ready to impress. I am a total mutt and although I am labeled pit bull I really don’t look like one aside from a gorgeous block head. I was in a home for the past 3 years and due to circumstances that have nothing to do with me my owners had to give me up. I am really unhappy at the shelter and would like to be back in a home with a loving family. My owners reported that although I do not appreciate the company of large dogs I was ok with cats and dogs smaller than me. The shelter has no way to test me with cats so they ask you take intro’s very slow still. I am gentle in every way and really just want be your cuddle buddy. I love being with people and do my best to please. I am gentle and all around lovely boy who is most happy in the company of my people. I am a house dog and ready to get back to what I am used too, maybe you can make that happen for me today!
- In-home Information: House broken
- I do not participate in shelter playgroups and would like to be your one and only canine pal in a home, my previous owners report I have shown to be ok with cats and small dogs with proper introductions
- Walk Rating: Walks well, needs reminders to check in with handler
- Snuggle Rating: Lives for snuggling
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I love meeting new people and get excited but calm quickly
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Soft, marshmallow, human motivated, people are my favorite
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal