- Animal ID#: A757574
- Dog Name: Owen
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 1 year
- Dog Size: M
- A Little About Me: I am a soft and adorable squishy boy who really enjoys playing with my canine pals because they help me build my confidence which I need more of. My kennel mate really helps me come out of my shell and find my courage. I can be shy at first when I meet people but it doesn’t take me long to show my silly. Believe me when I say I am a silly loving guy, you may not believe it as it is hard for me to show that side at the shelter when I first meet people but I really am! It is time for me to say goodbye to shelter life and hello to family living!
- In-home Information: I have successfully lived with other dogs
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Playful dogs
- Walk Rating: Walks well after opportunity to burn off some energy
- Snuggle Rating: I snuggle once I get to know you
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I can be shy when meeting new people but warm up quickly
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Life is fun with both people and canine pals
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal