- Animal ID#: A756822
- Dog Name: Jimmy
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 4 years
- Dog Size: M
- A Little About Me: I am one special guy who is normal in every way except for one small issue, I do not like things around my neck so when I go for walks and to playgroups I prefer a slip lead rather than to be collared and leashed. My family will need to follow that same thing but that’s no big deal, right? I am a very loving and affectionate boy. I sure do love my food as you can see and could definitely stand to lose a few pounds. I love being right by my person’s side, there’s nothing better. I am affectionate, fun, silly, love going for walks and more than anything want to have a family of my own. Meet me today and see for yourself just how loving I am!
- In-home Information: House broken, I have lived with older children
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Gentle and light play dogs
- Walk Rating: Working on loose leash walking on a slip lead
- Snuggle Rating: Is ok sitting by your side rather than your lap
- Type of Learner: Short learning session’s work best
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I enjoy meeting new people and do so in a calm manner
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit
- Personality: Soft, marshmallow, human motivated, people are my favorite
- I am a great dog who would like you to keep in mind: (email our counseling team for more info, and behavioral support): I can be shy when meeting men, walking on slip lead can be difficult for me but need to keep practicing
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at email@example.com. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal