- Animal ID#: A761328
- Dog Name: Peter
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 4 years
- Dog Size: L
- A Little About Me: I am a special adoption, meaning I have a few things I am working on and would like my family to know that they will need to continue building my confidence. I am very nervous at first when I meet new people. It takes me time to warm up but my canine companions really help me come out of my shell. As long as people go slow with me and don’t insist on being best friends immediately I warm up in time. I am gentle in every way but really want you to know that after I get to know you I have a very playful and silly side. I am ready to enjoy in-home living and work on me in a calm and consistent environment. Please consider giving me a shot.
- In-home Information: I have successfully lived with other dogs
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Playful dogs
- Walk Rating: Walks well, needs reminders to check in with handler
- Snuggle Rating: Would like to take things slow and let you know when I am ready
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I can be shy and timid when meeting new people, prefer to take things slow
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Life is fun with both people and canine pals
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal