- Animal ID#: A760328
- Dog Name: Brie
- Dog Sex: Female
- Approximate Age: years
- Dog Size: S
- A Little About Me: I am a beautiful little nugget that came in with my sister who I was bonded too and wanted no one to touch me. I am doing much better now and if people go slow with me I come around and do show interest in humans and affection. I would do better with another dog in the home to help me come out of my shell. I am looking forward to learning what it feels like to be part of my family but it definitely needs to be a special family committed to building confidence.
- In-home Information: I have successfully lived with other dogs
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Gentle and dainty dogs
- Walk Rating: Walks well, needs reminders to check in with handler
- Snuggle Rating: Would like to take things slow and let you know when I am ready
- Type of Learner: Short learning sessions work best
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I can be shy and timid when meeting new people, prefer to take things slow
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Watch Me
- Personality: Working on building my confidence
- I am a great dog who would like you to keep in mind: (email our counseling team for more info, and behavioral support): I need confidence building, I would like to take new situations slow, loud noises and sudden movements can be scary
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested into a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal