- Animal ID#: A760329
- Dog Name: Mimi
- Dog Sex: Female
- Approximate Age: years
- Dog Size: S
- A Little About Me: I came in with my sister and didn’t want anyone to touch me but things are changing and I am learning that people can be a good thing. I take some time to come out of my shell and can be shy at first but with a committed family I think in no time I will be prancing around the house and even enjoy some affection. I am very sweet but need confidence building and a family willing to go slow. I am ready to learn what it feels like to be a family pet with a committed family.
- In-home Information: I have successfully lived with other dogs
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Gentle and dainty dogs
- Walk Rating: Walks well, needs reminders to check in with handler
- Snuggle Rating: Would like to take things slow and let you know when I am ready
- Type of Learner: Short learning sessions work best
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I can be shy and timid when meeting new people, prefer to take things slow
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Watch Me
- Personality: Working on building confidence
- I am a great dog who would like you to keep in mind: (email our counseling team for more info, and behavioral support): I need confidence building, I would like to take new situations slow, loud noises and sudden movements can be scary
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested into a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at email@example.com. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal