- Animal ID#: A642108
- Dog Name: Raider
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 4 years
- Dog Size: M
- A Little About Me: I am one special boy and I am looking for a special family that is willing to work with me. I can be fearful at first and I take some time to trust. Although I do participate in playgroups I would prefer to be an only dog in the home. I really want to please and I try very hard to be a pleaser. I am affectionate but not pushy and am gentle in every way. Although I am shy at first and take time to warm up I am a mannerly easy going guy who doesn’t require more than a family of my own!
- In-home Information: House broken
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Gentle and light play female dogs
- Walk Rating: Walks well, needs reminders to check in with handler
- Snuggle Rating: Would like to take things slow and let you know when I am ready
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I can be shy and timid when meeting new people, prefer to take things slow
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Soft, marshmallow, human motivated, people are my favorite
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal