Have you ever considered fostering? Walter would love a foster while he waits to be adopted. Fostering is a very tangible way to make a difference, the dog gets a much needed break from the stressful shelter and you get to be part of something special while we cover all costs. Please visit our foster page to fill out an app and learn more.
- Animal ID#: A763733
- Dog Name: Walter
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 10 years
- Dog Size: L
- A Little About Me: I think my name should be Hoover because I am a vacuum. I don’t have the best sight but my nose never fails and boy do I love to pick up any treat or morsel left behind. I arrived at the shelter with a few lumps on my back but the medical team took care of all that for me and I am healing up nicely. I am one goofy guy and I don’t believe it one bit that I am 10yrs old….there’s no way folks cause I am full of life and energy. I am a silly guy with a very adventurous side. I am looking for an adventure and hoping that my family knows you would not be adopting a senior, you are adopting an adventure companion ready to get the party started! Come and meet me today and let’s make a life-long connection.
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Light play female dogs
- Walk Rating: Working on loose leash walking and check-in reminders
- Snuggle Rating: Is ok sitting by your side rather than your lap
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I love meeting new people and get excited but calm quickly
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Party animal, total ham, life of the party
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal