Jerry has been with us for a few months now with minimal interest unfortunately. We do know that Jerry lived in a home with a young boy who he loved very much. The family had to move and were unable to take Jerry with them. Some things to know about Jerry: ” Jerry has lived successfully with young children. “He will need to be the only dog in the home.” With distance from other dogs he is easy to walk on leash. Very affectionate boy “Was house trained in last home.” Please visit our foster page to learn more and fill out an application.
- Animal ID#: A765011
- Dog Name: Jerry
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 6 years
- Dog Size: M
- A Little About Me: I am a little red piggy that is just as adorable in person as I am in my picture. I just smile everywhere I go, I am so such a happy guy I have happy tail. If you don’t know what happy tail is, it is when you just can’t stop wagging and your tail hits the walls causing cracks in the tail and bleeding. That means I literally can’t stop wagging so if a happy dog is what you are looking for than that is me! It doesn’t get more simple than that, I might be one of the happiest dogs in the shelter!
- I do not participate in shelter playgroups and would like to be your one and only canine pal in a home
- Walk Rating: Walks well, needs reminders to check in with handler
- Snuggle Rating: Lives for snuggling
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I love meeting new people and get excited but calm quickly
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Rockstar, not much rocks my boat, handles new situations well
Our awesome volunteers took Jerry on a day trip, he was a perfect gentleman, showered them with kisses and even got his very own hamburger.
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal