Drake has been at the shelter for a few months and is very kennel stressed and is desperately in need of a break from the shelter. Some things to know about Drake: “Drake once of shelter grounds is affectionate.” He would need to be the only dog in the home.” Drake uses a gentle leader to assist with pulling and he performs well when using his gear. “He has met children at the shelter and did well.” He enjoys being close to humans but is not pushy about attention. Please visit our foster page to learn more and fill out an application.
- Animal ID#: A766498
- Dog Name: Drake
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 4 years
- Dog Size: M
- A Little About Me: I am a people pleaser and would love to be center of your attention. I am one smart cookie and learn quickly so teach away because I am a sponge. Smart, good looks, mannerly, gentle, what more must I say to convince you I am your guy folks! Come and meet me today and see for yourself!
- I do not participate in shelter playgroups and would like to be your one and only canine pal in a home, I would love to be your one and only
- Walk Rating: Dog walks well with a gentle leader
- Snuggle Rating: Lives for snuggling
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I love meeting new people and get excited but calm quickly
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Smart cookie, eager to please
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal