Marcella has been with us for some time now and she is miserable watching people pass her by. She is not showing well in the shelter environment as she craves human contact and attention. Some things to know about Marcella: “Marcella does enjoy the company of gentle and dainty male dogs but in the home shows to resource guard toys and food so would do best as only dog in the home.” Marcella is working on consistent loose leash walking but does respond with boundaries and treats for focus. “She is very affectionate and really thrives being with people.” She is well-mannered in the home. Please visit our foster page to learn more and fill out an application.
- Animal ID#: A768262
- Dog Name: Marcella
- Dog Sex: Female
- Approximate Age: 2 years
- Dog Size: M
- A Little About Me: I am just about as miserable as ever at the shelter and I really prefer to be snuggling up to people as that is my favorite thing ever. I am affectionate, I am playful, I love toys, I enjoy going for walks and ending each day with a belly rub. I love everyone I meet and was born to please my humans. Please send some time with me in a play yard and don’t judge me based on how I act in my kennel, I am so frustrated when people walk by and won’t stop to say hi to meeeeee!
- Although I play with other dogs I don’t like to share toys or food and should be the only dog in the home
- Walk Rating: Walks well after opportunity to burn off some energy
- Snuggle Rating: Lives for snuggling
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I love meeting new people and get excited but calm quickly
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Smart cookie, eager to please
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested into a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at email@example.com. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal