- Animal ID#: A768064
- Dog Name: Xander
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 1.5 years
- In-home information: House broken, crate trained
- A Little About Me: I am one happy and handsome boy with a zest for life! I love my people and canine pals. I like to bounce balloons in the air – totally adorable I know! My record is ten bounces before it hits the ground. I love tug of war and my favorite toys are chews and ropes. I am easy breezy, you can leave me at home when you go out, as I have not shown to chew or destroy things in the house but I will be longing for your return. I love walks, I don’t jump on people, and I behave in the car – perfect adventure buddy. I’m pretty quiet and don’t react to sounds, but I do bark when I play with people. Did I say I love people?! I am in foster so if you are interested in adopting me please submit and application to set up a meet and greet!
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Playful dogs
- Walk Rating: Walks well, maintains loose leash
- Snuggle Rating: Lives for snuggling, I live to be near my people
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn but consistence and patience are important
- Energy Level: Medium energy, enjoys some play but short sessions are best
- Manner Level: I love meeting new people and get excited but calm quickly
- My motivation is: Not always treat motivated, but I respond to lots of love, hugs and praise
- Known Skills: Sit, Down, Watch Me, Stay, Leave it, Come, Go to your bed, Want to go for a walk?
- Personality: Sweet, cuddly, playful, marshmallow, human motivated, life is better with humans and dogs
- I am a great dog who would like you to keep in mind: I am a young playful guy but have had two hip surgeries. And because of that, I’ve never used my front paws to scratch at the door when I need to go out, so please pay attention. I might do best with older children.
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal