Johnny has been with us for some time now and he is very stressed and unhappy at the shelter. He is in desperate need of a break from shelter life. Here are some things to know about Johnny: “He enjoys the company of gentle and dainty female dogs.” He walks well on leash when required to focus and using treats. “He is very affectionate and truly enjoys being with people.” He shows to be medium energy. Please visit our foster page to learn more and fill out an application.
- Animal ID#: A768261
- Dog Name: Johnny
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 2 years
- Dog Size: L
- A Little About Me: I am a of the middle road type of guy, I prefer to go with the flow so time playing and then time chilling works just fine for me. I really enjoy being with people and am an affectionate guy. What ever is on the agenda works for me, family stay-at-home pet, absolutely, Netflix and popcorn, yep, play-time in the backyard….well of course. You name it, as long as it is with you I am happy to participate. I am not a fan of shelter life and it is time for me to find a home of my own asap!
- In-home Information: I have successfully lived with other dogs
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Gentle and dainty female dogs
- Walk Rating: Walks well after opportunity to burn off some energy
- Snuggle Rating: Lives for snuggling
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I love meeting new people and get excited but calm quickly
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Middle of the road, play and snuggle both work, goes with the flow
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal