Duke has been adopted and returned a few times for not doing well with dogs and cats, and inability to meet his needs. He is an active playful dog with some special sensitivities and would do best with rescue or experienced foster. Some things to know about Duke: Duke needs to be the only dog in the home. He is very playful and loves the water. He can be selective with some people, usually involving me. Duke is very soft with correction and wants to please. Duke would do best in a home with older children. Please visit our foster page to learn more and fill out an application.
- Animal ID#: A733777
- Dog Name: Duke
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 3 years
- Dog Size: L
- A Little About Me: I think my looks can do all the talking! I am gorgeous and I know it basically, and I prefer to be the center of your attention so if a one and only is what you are looking for in your life than I am your guy. I love the water, I love to get my run on, and go for walks with my people. I am ready to go home today, bring a toy when you meet me so we can get our play on.
- I do not participate in shelter playgroups and would like to be your one and only canine pal in a home
- Walk Rating: Walks well after opportunity to burn off some energy
- Snuggle Rating: Is ok sitting by your side rather than your lap
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I love meeting new people and get excited but calm quickly
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Smart cookie, eager to please
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested into a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal