Darla is very stressed at the shelter in a kennel and therefore not showing well in the shelter. She does have some interest but due to her limitations she has yet to be adopted. Some things to know about Darla: Darla will need to be the only dog in the home. She is very affectionate and loves to be with people. Walks on a gentle leader due to leash reactivity. Would do best in a home with older children. Does well with invasive handling. Please visit our foster page to learn more and fill out an application.
- Animal ID#: A769613
- Dog Name: Darla
- Dog Sex: Female
- Approximate Age: 4 years
- Dog Size: L
- A Little About Me: When I arrived at the shelter I was one sick cookie and I ended up over with the med staff who took such wonderful care of me. I am very into my humans and the very best thing ever is belly rubs! I am very affectionate and one silly gal. I am playful with my people but after I get my zoomie on I am all about the cuddles and my even try to work my way into your lap. I am not a fan of kennel life and wondering why my fabulous wiggle butt has not landed me a home of my own yet!
- I do not participate in shelter playgroups and would like to be your one and only canine pal in a home
- Walk Rating: Dog walks well with a gentle leader
- Snuggle Rating: Lives for snuggling
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I love meeting new people and get excited but calm quickly
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Soft, marshmallow, human motivated, people are my favorite
- I am a great dog who would like you to keep in mind: (email our counseling team for more info, and behavioral support): No young children for me please
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested into a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal