- Animal ID#: A772843
- Dog Name: Scooby Doo
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 2 years
- Dog Size: L
- A Little About Me: I am an independent guy and although I do enjoy the company of people I do not need them by my side all the time nor do I require their attention at all times. I do take some time to warm up to people but I do investigate and warm up quickly. I am a very gentle guy, not pushy in any way and would like to be treated the same way. I am looking for a special family that is willing to work with me and help me thrive in a home-environment. If you can give me a chance, I too would like to try!
- I do not participate in shelter playgroups and would like to be your one and only canine pal in a home
- Walk Rating: Working on loose leash walking and check-in reminders
- Snuggle Rating: Is ok sitting by your side rather than your lap
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I can be shy when meeting new people but warm up quickly
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Working on confidence and trust
- I am a great dog who would like you to keep in mind: (email our counseling team for more info, and behavioral support): I need confidence building
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at email@example.com. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal