- Animal ID#: A761534
- Dog Name: Russell
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 1 year
- Dog Size: M
- A Little About Me: I’m very sweet and want to be your cuddle buddy. I definitely have the “dork” gene. I love to fetch the ball and “mostly” bring it back. I’m happiest when I’m following you around or sitting next to you. For a young dog, I have medium energy. I love the water and would be a great adventure buddy.
- In-home Information: House broken, crate trained, I have successfully lived with older children, I have successfully lived with other dogs
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Light play dogs
- Walk Rating: Walks well, needs reminders to check in with handler
- Snuggle Rating: Lives for snuggling
- Type of Learner: Play and then ready to learn
- Energy Level: Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I love meeting new people and can be excited on first meet needing some time to calm down
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Life is fun with both people and canine pals, playful, affectionate, marshmallow, human motivated, people are my favorite
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal