I’m in foster. Submit an application to start the online adoption counseling process.
- Animal ID#: A779569
- Dog Name: Popeye
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: years
- A Little About Me: I am one adorable and handsome fella. Popeye’s foster reports: Popeye has been an even-keel, fun member of the clan. He is a definite snorer and has a pretty noticeable underbite, which is totally adorable. He can be a little puppy-like when playing with humans. He loves playing with other dogs, and he has done a wonderful job tolerating our other male dog. He and our female dog have regular play sessions throughout the day (joined occasionally by our male dog when he’s in the mood), and then they all pop onto the couch or the rug for a nap. Though he can be a little stiff when he is greeting/interacting in general, which has occasionally confused our dogs, he is very willing to show he’s playing in his own way – rolling onto his back and squirming around. Every morning, he does the same for us – prances up to us and rolls right onto his back for belly rubs! Another fantastic thing about this dude is his complete lack of reactivity to squirrels – Popeye can walk right through a squirrel-filled park and just kindly glance at all the running squirrels as he passes by. If you are looking for a totally adorable goober, then look no further… I am your guy! Submit an app to meet me today!
- In-home Information: Crate trained – LOVES his crate. He will indicate when he wants additional kennel time, and he has not complained once about being crated overnight. What a dream!
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Playful dogs
- Walk Rating: Working on loose-leash walking and check-in reminders
- Snuggle Rating: I am still learning how to cuddle; I look like an absolute goober trying to curl up on the couch – I go in headfirst to the side, then kind of flop over. I’m making progress, though, and I now understand how to maneuver my body onto yours (but I may still fall off a little more frequently than average).
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level: Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level: I enjoy meeting new people and do so in a calm manner
- My motivation is: Treat motivated sometimes
- Known Skills: I haven’t spent much time dedicated to learning yet, but respond fabulously to verbal correction and come when my name is called (and sometime when other names are called :)) without hesitation. I also know “sit” now, and I perform especially well inside the house.
- Personality: Easygoing, goofball, sweetheart, curious, floppy, playful, oddball, life of the party
Submit an application to start the online adoption counseling process.
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at email@example.com. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal