I’m in foster. Submit an application to start the online adoption counseling process.
- Animal ID#: A781391
- Dog Name: Lennie
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 1 year
- A Little About Me: I am a handsome and sweet boy who is ready to join you on all your adventures. I am one smart cookie who catches on quickly to what is expected of me. I want nothing more than to make my people happy and be included in family activities. I have done very well with the children in my foster home. I love to snuggle up with the kids for some love and pets or engage in a play session. I enjoy a good sunbathing session, a nice walk, a good game of tug with my humans and squeaky toys are the best thing ever!! I am still a young pup and don’t always realize my size or strength, I might try to sneak on your lap for some cuddles, but I am learning and take direction well. I bond with my people quickly, if you are looking for a new best friend pick me! I’ll be your loyal companion forever!
- In-home Information: House broken, crate trained, I have successfully lived with children over 5 years old, not destructive but I have not been left home alone yet
- I have not been playgroup tested therefore should be the only dog in the home at this time.
- Walk Rating: Walks well, needs reminders to check in with handler
- Snuggle Rating: Lives for snuggling and being close to you
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level: Medium – active mix, needs some play prior to relaxation, it is important to meet my mental and physical needs daily but then I am ready to relax on the couch or my bed
- Manner Level: I enjoy meeting new people and do so in a calm manner but I can also be shy and cautious when meeting new people in some situations but tend to warm up quickly
- My motivation is: Encouragement, praise, and love motivated (may enjoy treats but so far has not required any treat motivation for training). Toys work too, love a squeaky toy or something to hold/chew on
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me, Leave it – working on “leave it”, “off”, “come”, “quiet”, Knows his name “Lennie” and “No”
- Personality: Super loving, sweet, smart cookie, attentive, loyal, people are my favorite
Submit an application to start the online adoption counseling process.
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal