I’m in foster. Submit an application to start the online adoption counseling process.
- Animal ID#: A782318
- Dog Name: Gunther
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 10 years
- Dog Size: L
- A Little About Me: I’m a laid back, low maintenance companion. I mainly spend my day relaxing or sleeping. However, I am always up for an adventure and won’t hesitate to join my family for fun. I’m an older and gentle soul who is looking for a family to live out my golden years with, I will stand by whoever my family is. I am loyal and protective, I will always attempt to stand in the way of any dangers that threaten my family, be it a squirrel passing by or a stranger approaching. I am also a strong lover of brushings, butt scratches, and car rides. Car rides are especially my favorite, especially with the car windows rolled down. In addition, Gunther prefers the simpler things in life. Expensive beds or toys are not in his taste. Furthermore, for my age, my health is in top condition! Submit an app to meet me today.
- In-home Information: Housebroken, not destructive
- I do not participate in shelter playgroups, I need to be the only dog in the home.
- Walk Rating: Easy to walk, maintains loose leash, walks best with a gentle leader, needs reminders to check in with handler
- Snuggle Rating: Likes space
- Type of Learner: I want to please, but would like to go slow, short sessions are best
- Energy Level: Lower energy, a walk around the block is good for me and couch time is a-ok
- Manner Level: Protects his area with new people so can be excited but calms over time
- My motivation is: Highly treat and praise motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me, Down, Drop it, Wait for food, Paw, Come
- Personality: Sweet, loyal, protective, independent, middle of the road, intelligent
- I am a great dog but please keep in mind (email our adoption counseling team for more info): No cats, I need confidence building, I can be cautious and need you to take things slow, I need to go at my own pace. I do have some separation anxiety so will need time to fully acclimate to my new environment.
Submit an application to start the online adoption counseling process.
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at email@example.com. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal