I’m in foster. Submit an application to start the online adoption counseling process.
- Animal ID#: A782318
- Dog Name: Gunther
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 10 years
- Dog Size: L
- A Little About Me: I am a pretty low-maintenance kind of guy who enjoys being near my people. I love to hang outside with my humans while they relax. I love to be brushed daily if not more than once if you are willing. I know basic commands (sit, lay down, shake, etc) and I want to please but do like to take things slow. I am protective of my house and I will bark when the doorbell goes off but am other than that am fairly quiet. I have not been introduced to a crate as I have my own gated area to sleep in foster but I sleep well in my area all night no barking, or whining or accidents. If you are looking for a low-key companion please submit an application.
- In-home Information: Housebroken, not destructive
- I participate in shelter playgroups with:
- Walk Rating: Easy to walk, maintains loose leash, walks best with a gentle leader
- Snuggle Rating: Enjoys some cuddles
- Type of Learner: I want to please, but would like to go slow
- Energy Level: Lower energy, a walk around the block is good for me and couch time is a-ok
- Manner Level: Protects his area with new people so can be excited but calms over time
- My motivation is: Praise motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me, Down, Drop it, Shake
- Personality: Sweet, loyal, protective, independent, middle of the road
Submit an application to start the online adoption counseling process.
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at email@example.com. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal