SSPA’s Dog’s Day Out program makes a difference in the lives of companion animals by ensuring they get plenty of exercise, attention, and exposure to environments outside of the shelter, all while putting smiles on the faces of the people who share this experience with them. Interested in taking me on an adventure?
- Animal ID#: 782770
- Dog Name: Chandler
- Dog Sex: Male
- Dog Size: L
- Approximate age: 3 years
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Gentle and light play dogs, I prefer female dogs over males
- A Little About Me: I am one handsome guy who arrived at the shelter a little bit of a hot mess. I had skin infections, underweight, and I am heartworm positive. I am currently under medical treatment and will continue with my plan in my foster to adopt home. I am affectionate and loving but really hate being in my kennel. If interested in adopting me with the shelter medical team addressing my medical condition email today.
- Walk Rating: Working on loose leash walking and check-in reminders
- Snuggle Rating: Is ok sitting by your side rather than your lap
- Type of Learner: Is ready and eager to learn
- Energy Level : Medium energy blend, needs some play prior to relaxation
- Manner Level:I love meeting new people and get excited but calm quickly
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Sit, Watch Me
- Personality: Life is fun with both people and canine pals. Recently did an 8 mile run with a volunteer on a dog day out!
Here’s what a volunteer said about Chandler after a fun Dog Day Out:
Having a dog day out with chandler was a blast! The moment he got in the car, he was very obedient and very friendly. He loved being out and about, especially when we got to the river. He enjoys prancing in the water and being by our side. He is a very loving dog, as shown by his snuggles and kisses! He was the bestest boy and would be a great adventure buddy!
Submit an application to start the online adoption counseling process.
Click Here to Sign up to Get SSPA Updates! When you sign up for our mailing list, you’ll receive updates on our programs, story highlights, ways to get involved, events and more!
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at email@example.com. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal