- Animal ID#: A780575
- Dog Name: Oscar
- Dog Sex: Male
- Approximate Age: 8 years
- Dog Size: M
- A Little About Me: My previous owner was not kind to me and it takes me some time to trust new people I meet. Once I know I am safe I am quite a character who has a silly side. I love going for walks, pets, and nap time. I don’t require much, simply a family who is willing to work with me on my trust issue with patience and consistency. Help me have a happy ending.
- In-home Information: Housebroken, I have successfully lived with other dogs and cats
- I participate in shelter playgroups with: Gentle and dainty dogs
- Walk Rating: Walks well, needs reminders to check in with handler
- Snuggle Rating: I snuggle once I get to know you
- Type of Learner: Short learning session’s work best
- Energy Level: Lower energy, a walk around the block
- Manner Level: I am working on meeting new people and trusting
- My motivation is: Treat motivated
- Known Skills: Watch Me
- Personality: Mellow, low maintenance, easy to please
Submit an application to start the online adoption counseling process.
Oscar is such a good boy with his foster feline sibling:
The shelter’s kennels are loud, stressful places for dogs. Some dogs express that stress by exhibiting behavior inside a kennel that they will not show otherwise. Please ask to take the dog you are interested in to a play yard and spend some time getting to know him or her in that more relaxed environment. For more information on meeting dogs at the shelter, please read this article.
Ask About Our Adoption Counseling!
SSPA offers adoption counseling via email for large-breed dogs at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our adoption page, and to get started, fill out our adoption application and email it to us.
Not ready to adopt?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?
#sspa #findlove #alldogsmatter #sactown #foster #adoptdontshop #donate #sacramento #norcal