Interesting in Becoming a Foster Care Provider?
Our foster care providers are volunteers who help provide dogs much-needed breaks from the shelter. Foster homes come in all shapes and sizes, and there are as many reasons people choose to foster as there are dogs in need of foster homes.
We need for foster families to help our dogs who have health issues, need a break from the shelter, or could use some work on their social or behavior skills before being adopted. No matter your lifestyle or current pets, we can help find the right match for your family. If you’re wondering what fostering is like, read the foster stories at the bottom of this page.
Unsure how fostering could possibly fit into your busy life? Have questions or concerns? Please read this helpful article.
Still want to learn more? Read the SSPA Dog Fostering Handbook.
Immediate Fosters Needed
The following dogs are currently most in need of a foster home. Click the link to read their bios to learn more about them.
Some Important Facts About Being a Foster Care Provider:
- no experience necessary; we will provide support and training
- all supplies and medical care provided, so no expense falls on the foster provider
- length of foster commitment can vary from a few weeks to a few months, depending on the needs of the dog
- you get to choose the dog you take home with the help of someone familiar with the dogs; dog placement is based on the needs of the foster care provider as matched with an individual dog
- fostering one dog does not commit you to fostering more dogs in the future, but once you try it, we bet you’ll be hooked!
- it’s okay if you work full time; many dogs just need a safe, quiet place to stay, and we will work with your situation to find a dog who meets your need
Foster Dog Bio Questionnaire
(For dogs already in foster)
Our goal is to relay the most up to date and accurate information to potential adopters which is where you come in, if you are already fostering a dog through SS Pets Alive please fill out this form so we can update your foster dog’s web page. We greatly appreciate you opening your heart and home to a dog in need and would like to do all we can to help that dog find their forever family but we can’t do it without you! Also, please don’t forget to send any photos or videos you have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you able to provide long term foster?
We have several dogs with pending court cases. Each of them are special and overdue to know what it’s like to be loved. It is unknown how long their cases will last, but we know it’s too long to live in a lonely shelter. If you are interested in being a very special foster for one of these very special dogs, contact us today.
We have a packed shelter so getting any dog into foster is helpful. Contact us today, and our counselors can match you with a dog to foster that fits your family, life style and current pets.
What Do Fosters Do?
Won’t you please help by sharing us with your friends, family and followers?